Columbus, OH based Red Roof Inns has supplied its customers with dirty linens mixed in with clean linens in the fall of 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As the owner and editor of several news and information platforms via print and the internet, I personally saw this happen as I was going back and forth between the over-priced room I have rented the night before to the rental van where I was placing
the belongings of my family and I who were on our way to a local waterpark. It was the weekend and the manager was not in so I waited until I could place contact with the corporate office to discuss this matter. They were unavailable for comment as I stated that I was writing an article about this situation for my newspaper and was on a deadline I had given them to get a better understanding of why this sort of thing was going on in one of their corporate locations until it was published online and they had gotten a Google alert about the negative press. I did not have time to play a game of Cat and Mouse with them due to times my time requires in a day, but thought it was pretty crappy that they would not make any statement within the blogsite comments beneath that story to amend any wrong-doings by that Red Roof employee.
Maybe Red Roof Inns thought that they could get away with this and the story would only affect them at that time, but they were not thinking of the bigger picture of having this story published and archive for consumers to read should they experience these kinds of Dirty Deeds and Bad Business-style tactics again in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment